This cake by Elegantly Iced is perfect for a Festive Garden Wedding!
The devastation of Hurricane Sandy this past week has inspired me to write a post with some necessary steps to prevent unforeseen events from ruining your big day. Of course, it is not often that something so severe happens, but even in a minor situation, it is better to be safe than sorry!
Here is a to do list to help ensure a bullet proof wedding:
1.Wedding Insurance- covering you and your big day. Wedding insurance protects a couple’s investment from circumstances beyond their control, and reimburses expenses incurred. There are many different companies and policies to choose from so do your research to find the one that is perfect for you. Coverage can be purchased as early as 2 years before your wedding day and as late as 24 hours before your event in most states. It is recommended you purchase coverage as soon as you begin making deposits and purchases for your event. Also, be sure your venue of choice has insurance as well.
Below are some great websites where you can research and receive an instant quote on your wedding insurance:
http://www.protectmywedding.com/ – Premiums begin at $350 but can be as high as $2000 based on your needs
http://www.wedsafe.com/- Premiums can be as low as $160! (Without liability insurance)
2.Research Climate Patterns in your wedding destination- Do not make the mistake of planning your destination wedding during hurricane season! When deciding your venue location be sure to know the average temperature for the location, expected weather during that time of year, and believe it or not what kinds of bugs and insects to expect etc. You can use this information to prepare guests as well.
3. If you are hosting an outdoor wedding…Always have a rain plan…ALWAYS!!! This may include cancellation/postponement or venue relocation. In many cases, neither of the two may be possible, so it is in your best interest to place large tents on hold in case Mother Nature strikes. Of course, you face the risk of losing your down payment, but once again its better to be safe than sorry, as this is the biggest day of your life!
With that being said, if there happens to be a shower or two in the forecast, keep the comfort of your guests in mind! If you decide to run the show as planned, be sure to provide enough canopies and umbrellas to keep your guests dry!
4. Dress Storage- Storing your dress in an upstairs closet would be ideal, incase of flooding. Also, be sure to use a waterproof garment bag. You can order them online for as little as 5 dollars!
Heres to a happy, stress free wedding!
Ever wonder what comes after marriage for those in a LGBT relationship? It’s certainly more than meets the eye! As members of the ‘After We Do’ group, myself along with Denise Oliviera of Prequels, Reverend Samora Smith, and Bridget Reale of Violet and Verde, had the brilliant idea of of hosting a LGBT Marriage Forum, “What Happens After ‘I Do’?” Feelings of love, passion, hope and positivity filled the room as a panel of Wedding Professionals held an informative discussion for our guests. Touching upon many important post wedding topics, our couples definitely left feeling encouraged. Oh, and lets not forget our MC for the night, Charlie Maffei. Charlie, a match maker and founder of www.CharlieTheMatchmaker.com, had the crowd laughing all night, keeping the mood light and upbeat. Without a doubt, I’d say last night was a great success!
Thank you again, to our panelists, guests and those who helped make this night memorable!
Check out some pictures from last night below!
Bridal Speed Dating was ohhh soo much fun last night. A night filled with cupcakes, laughs and wedding chat.
I would like to send a Super Big Peony and Champagne filled hug and Thank you to all the vendors that participated, you guys are the BEST!!!
Oh Wedding theme, Oh wedding Theme…whats in a Wedding Theme? A free engagement shoot, thats what. My friend Laurie at Laurie Rhodes Photography is actually having a “Most Creative Wedding Theme” contest. Do you think you have the most unique and festive wedding theme? Well share it with Laurie and you and your finance could win a complementay engagement photo session.
Get more details here !
Good Luck and Happy Planning !
So I joined a gym earlier this week and so far I’ve been faithful. Waking up at dark:30 with only a vision of Beyonce in a leotard motivating me to get up and out the door. I am enjoying the extra energy and overall feeling of healthy and looking forward to continuing on this path.
Today’s workout sparked some inspiration. As a wedding planner, I am constantly wondering what my brides are thinking and how their lives are changing as they begin their wedding planning process.
So while I was on the Elliptical and in between thoughts of Sequins, Chanel and Champagne, I thought to myself and said:
” Self, I wonder how many brides-to-be are doing the same thing this morning?”
Wedding Season has begun so I could only assume HUNDREDS…maybe THOUSANDS are either shedding unwanted lbs or just tightening their already fab bodies after the holiday. Whatever the case may be, here are some tips to help with your up coming “Image Alteration”
Weight Loss/Get in Shape:
- Set realistic goals and an execution plan: Figure out what your goal is and how much time you have. Try to stay away from the quick fixes like pills or liquid diets that “guarantee” results in a weekend. Old fashion diet and exercise will do the trick and will be the best in the end. Join a gym, pole dance class, Zumba, Salsa, Kick Boxing whatever it is, plan it and stick to it. If you are planning to make a drastic change, speak with your doctor or a nutritionist so that they may create the plan that is perfect for you.
- Get a work out buddy: See if your bridesmaids or your Fiance wants to join you on the workout journey. Having your bridesmaids join you for a festive dance class may be fun…you’ll forget you’re working out. If no one wants to join, consider a personal trainer. They will make a plan for you and keep you on track. There are tons of resources that provide fitness training just for Brides-to-be
- DO NOT… I said, DO NOT purchase a dress in a size that you “HOPE” to be in on your wedding. You could end up losing only money instead of weight. Purchase a dress for the weight you are now. You can always let a dress in, you cant always let a dress out !
- Only do what you can: The months leading up to your wedding are hectic and stressful enough. The last thing you need is a new weight loss plan, exercise regimen or unrealistic goal to put stress on you and the relationship with your Fiance.
Check back for more Healthier You Wedding Day Tips.